Hazardous Freight Vehicle Drivers Vocational Training Center - ADR
OFAE’s ADR training center offers the training provided for in Part 8 ‘Chapter 8.2’ of the ADR Agreement to those interested in obtaining -expanding- renewing a Certificate of Professional Competence for hazardous freight drivers.
The transport of hazardous goods is governed by a complex legislative framework with specific technical requirements and obligations for all the parties involved in its implementation (competent authorities: Traffic Police Division, Directorate for Transport, private individuals: owners and drivers of vehicles). Hazardous goods are the substances that may cause adverse effects in the event of accident during their transport.
A necessary condition for authorised hazardous freight vehicle drivers is that they must hold the Certificate of Professional Competence for Hazardous Freight Vehicle Drivers provided for in the Appendix to the European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR), which was ratified by Law 1741/87.
Prefectural Transport Agencies grant this certificate to vehicle drivers who have:
- Attended a vocational training course on the carriage of hazardous goods; and
- Have successfully passed the relevant examinations hosted by Prefectoral Transport Agencies.
There are 8 categories of ADR certificates, i.e.: C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, C8. Each certificate category allows its holder to carry certain ADR classes (of material) using specific vehicles.
Documentation required for enrolment with ADR training programme:
- 2 colour pictures for new certificates;
- A copy of both sides of a police-issued ID card;
- A copy of a driving license;
- A Duplicate Receipt issued by a Tax Office for the amount of EUR 14.67 (code no. 2961) deposited to Account KAE 3439 stating that the reason for the deposit is participation in the ADR certificate examinations for this period;
- An e-fee payment receipt issued by the General Secretariat for Information Systems (www.gsis.gr) for the following:
Public body: Ministry of Infrastructure, Transport/Driving Schools-Centres for the Theoretical Training of Novice Drivers (KETHEYO)-Accreditation of Professional Driving Ability (PEI)-ADR
Category of Fee: ADR driver training certificate
Type of Fee: Theoretical examination[EUR 14.67], code no. 2961 under ΠΟΛ 1163/03-07-2013
(only for renewal) Copy of an expiring or expired ADR certificate.
In case of re-examination, expansion of or failure to show up for the examination, a new fee payable to the Greek State shall be issued, which shall be borne by the candidate
Tuition fees list here
Duration of Programme:
The duration of the training seminar required to participate in the examinations is different for each specialisation and ranges between 18 and 46 hours.
ADR certificates shall be valid for 5 years and may be renewed following examinations before their expiry