The Transport Operator Vocational Training Schools (SEKAMs) of OFAE educate road passenger or freight transport operators on the list of subjects of which knowledge is required under EU law [Regulation (EC) No 1071/2009], and prepare them for the examinations that must be passed in order to obtain a certificate of professional competence for managers.
Each company established and engaged in passenger or freight transport must have at least one person who will be considered the transport officer; such person must hold the Certificate of Professional Competence for Managers.
The Certificate of Professional Competence is granted upon successful completion of examinations which are hosted four times a year in each region of Greece, following attendance at a dedicated 45-hour seminar in SEKAMs. The establishment and operation of SEKAMS, and the procedure of examination for candidate operators by SEKAMs are laid down in decision No Β/31367/2483/25.05.2007 of the Ministry of Infrastructure, Transport and Networks.
Documentation required for enrolment with CPC Managers course:
- A copy of both sides of a police-issued ID card;
- 2 photos (for passport)
- An application for submission of the supporting documentation stating complete contact details;
- A copy (not certified) of educational qualifications awarded at the end of compulsory schooling under Presidential Decree 739/1980;
- A duplicate receipt issued by a Tax Office for the amount of EUR 50.00 deposited to Account KAE 82859 (no.code 5321 for Athens and no.code 5315 for Salonica)
An e-fee payment receipt issued by the General Secretariat for Information Systems (www.gsis.gr) for the following:
Public body: Ministry of Transport/Driving Schools-Centres for the Theoretical Training of Novice Drivers (KETHEYO)-Accreditation of Professional Driving Ability (PEI)-Certificate of Professional Competence (PEE)-ADR driver training certificate
Category of Fee: Certificate of professional competence (PEE) examinations Road Passenger or Freight Transport Operators
Type of Fee: Participation in PEE examinations e.g. in Epirus
In case of re-examination, expansion of or failure to show up for the examination, a new fee payable to the Greek State shall be issued, which shall be borne by the candidate
- Certificate of Professional Competence for Managers (either passenger or goods transport operators): EUR 200
- Expansion to International Transport (passenger or freight): EUR 80
- Certificate of Professional Competence for Managers (passenger and freight transport operators): EUR 280
Duration of Course:
The duration of the course required to participate in the examinations in order to obtain a Certificate of Professional Competence for Managers:
- 45 training hours to obtain a certificate of professional competence for road passenger or freight transport operators.
- 15 training hours to obtain an expansion to International Transport